Saturday 10 September 2011

It's another Sewing Saturday

We have had a busy few days. One of the most exciting things was that our chickens arrived. I love them already. They are so cute. No eggs as yet, but I'm confident we'll get one soon. We got 3, and I really can't tell them apart - so they are all just "Chookie" for now.
Yesterday I thought one had escaped. Nope. It must of come from down the road. It had some food and foraged around in the garden and had a good couple of hours here and then left.
Yesterday, some more fabric arrived. I purchased some Soul Blossom Charm packs. I really don't like the cutting part of quilting, so I thought I'd buy precut pieces and try doing it that way. They are really small and I'm not sure how it will turn out. Even if it becomes my scrap room lap quilt - that's good enough for me.


But before I go anywhere near it - today, I intend on finishing this quilt top. The squares are all now triangles, which are all now rows. Now I need to sew it together. Hopefully I can get it done today.


Have a Happy Weekend -

5 comments:

  1. wow, that quilt looks GORGEOUS. I've been feeling the sewing bug lately.........good luck with those chickens! Thats pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that quilt looks amazing! I totally agree about cutting, it is the pitts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lady after my own heart!! I am in love with everything fabric! I can't wait to see your finished quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me wish I could sew. And that I had a bigger yard and a more temperate climate so I could keep chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, that orange, yellow and blue is just delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...